These Deadly Games by Diana Urban

 


I have to start by saying I loved this book! It kept me on the edge of my seat and turning every page (or scrolling on my phone, as it was). The Deadly Games starts with Crystal getting a text on her phone of her picture of her little sister tied to a chair, bound and gagged, and telling her she needed to play a game or else her sister dies. She can't tell anyone, can't call the police, nothing. Play the game or her sister dies. What comes next is a series of riddles, clues, random tasks meant to put Crystal through misery and also to put her friends in danger. Will Crystal be able to keep all of this a secret and save her sister? How much collateral damage might there be? And, most importantly, who is behind this?!?!?!

I hate to post about a book I loved so much when it doesn't come out until February of next year. It's like a mean tease. So- kids who are reading this- put this on your wish list and I promise when it comes out I will have it on my classroom shelf next year!

-TK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow House by A.R. Silverberry

Gleanings by Neal Shusterman

Come Home Safe by Brian Buckmire